Early Learning Incursion
Every child gets a drum & an invitation to join in!
Looking for 'something different' that Captivates & Engages kids from start to finish?
- Is FUN
- Age Appropriate
- Promotes Social & Emotional Learning
- Supports the Early Learning Framework
- Inspires Cultural Awareness
- Promotes confidence, gross motor skills & creativity
Capture their imagination and inspire cultural awareness, diversity, team spirit, self-belief, & connection... all while beating the drum!
African drumming is an excellent, natural, and healthy way for children to learn and grow, develop social skills, confidence, understand diversity, the importance of working together, increase their gross motor skills, and promote creativity.
Afrobeat deliver a FUN, hands-on, educational, and entertaining, music-making experience that allows for all abilities to experience success and guarantees to keep 3 -5 year olds on the beat... and on their toes from start to finish!
So what happens in the session?
Within minutes, Afrobeat have even the most tentative child beating their own drum. Children are introduced to the drums we play and discover the different sounds they make as they become a lively orchestra, their beats falling in together to create a percussive locomotive filled with enthusiasm and joy! Thunderous drum rolls are followed by lively beats, call and response chanting, rhythmic activities and energetic dancing as kids become part of the show!
The Experience Features
- Improvisation and jamming
- Music-making and follow-ship
- Counting, pitch and volume control
- Call and response
- Intro to African drumming and the drums we play
- FUN, Hands on, tactile learning
- How to create different sounds on the drum
- Thunderous drum rolls and accents on the beat
- Basic rhythms and drum solos
- A simple, FUN & energetic performance piece (learned through call and response)
- Jungle Boogie - Dance like the animals do!
- Understanding the relationship between drummer & dancer
- Music Incursions for 3 – 5 year olds
- Celebrating Cultural Diversity through music making
- Early Learning Incursions
- Whole Centre Incursions
- Kindergarten Incursions
- Family-Friendly events
- Open Days
- Centre Christmas Parties
What others are saying
Janine and Afrobeat created a wonderful, joyful and exhilarating start to the second day of our Conference. Over 700 people making fabulous music together at 9am on a Saturday morning was a sight to behold!
Afrobeat was very happy to work alongside us for ALL the children in our Centre to have the opportunity to participate in the incursion. The children had the best time and often speak about the drumming experience. Fun, bubbly and informative!
It was loud, fast and fun! The children each had their own drum to copy the beat, sing and chant along to. They enjoyed copying the patterns, drumming loud and soft, and singing and dancing. It was hands on and interactive which captivated the children promoting confidence, gross motor skills and creativity!
I have had the pleasure of experiencing Afrobeat as part of a huge audience at an ECA conference, as well as in a small 20 adult team building workshop, and also participating with the groups of children aged 2 – 5. Each of these experiences was absolutely amazing and I can’t describe how infectious Janine’s..
..huge smile, dance moves, and positivity are. I watched people start out shy and quiet and slowly let go of their worries and insecurities and join in with excitement and genuine happiness. I absolutely love how everybody feels a part of a team when they are playing music together. Irresistibly FUN!
Afrobeat were friendly, entertaining and engaged children and parents in performance. Excellent, well worth having Afrobeat again!
The children are still talking about how much they loved the drumming show and about half have already asked “when are they coming back?” demonstrating their keen interest. Awesome!
LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!! We received some fantastic comments from our families too. I would be more than happy to recommend
Fabulous and energetic show. Both our younger and older children thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to get hands on with the drums and Janine kept them engaged for the entire time. Great time had by all.
The children really enjoyed their AFROBEAT experience, which catered for all their individual levels of participation and was FUN for everyone. Thank you!
Janine was amazing in her interactions with children, educators and parents. Janine encouraged the children to feel comfortable and delivered an excellent interactive program. The Afrobeat experience was an amazing program with interactions relevant to the children’s interest and enthusiasm.
Afrobeat’s Interactive Drumming Experience provides a powerful platform for effective learning.
- Develop their listening & response skills
- Build coordination of breath & movement
- Stimulate left / right brain simultaneously
- Learn to be present and focussed in the moment
- Learn to respect, cooperate & contribute in a group environment
- Practice patience & self-control
- Develop skills for processing & communicating information
- Learn to channel intense emotions
- Experience a calming effect
- Learn valuable & effective coping skills
- Develop self-esteem & self-image
- Enhance imagination & creativity
- Develop gross motor skills
- Increase their ability to concentrate
- Gain cultural insight, explore history, traditions & cultural arts
- Learn to communicate without words
- Get an opportunity for self-expression
- Enhance their cognitive, social, physical, & emotional skills
- Learn invaluable lessons that will endure a lifetime